Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Of Course... A Ranting of Sorts...

Of Course, as soon as you plan something, life interferes with something else....

I was planning to update this blog (and the vacation one) on Sunday complete with pictures, but when I went to download my memory card from my camera to my computer it read a "communication error". I tried it in the printer, I tried it in Dave's camera, but to no avail. I still got that lousy "communication error". Arrgh! Danny is going to try to get all those pictures off (the pictures are from September thru last week) with some fancy software. Let's hope it works.

Lesson learned: Download your pictures as soon as you can.

The berm and dike work continues. We now have a backhoe AND an excavator in our yard. We will also be dredging two more mitigation ponds along with the dike and berm. Our work is in no way going to interfere with the ditches and culvert that are already in place to drain the land in our neighborhood. Our work is being done legally--we have all the permits. The county has been out to mark all the electrical lines. So, all is good, right?! Wrong! We have neighbors who have marched over here and reamed out Dave for "diverting water that will cause our property to flood". Hmmm....

Number one: they have no clue what we are doing on our one little lot because they would not give Dave one minute to explain without interrupting and throwing a tantrum; two: their property sits higher than ours and only their garage has had water in it from the storms; three: we would never do anything to cause harm to anyone else---that is why two more mitigation ponds are being dug as well; and four: we are diverting water?! Where?! What water?! Don't you have to have a source of water to divert it?

They are threatening legal action. Oh great, just what we need. Some one help me---there are idiots on the loose! I just wish they'd just take a moment to learn what is being done and then make a judgment....I guess they just want to waste their money and our time.

Lesson learned: Be cautious of ignorant neighbors who jump to conclusions before they have all the facts.

We are having record low temps. Teens and twenties for the past several nights and forecasted to continue into next week. Brrrr...but we both LOVE it! The heat and humidity will be here soon enough.

BUT! On Sunday, we had frozen pipes despite them being insulated. So Dave spent an hour or two re-wrapping everything. Meanwhile we had NO WATER for several hours. Of course the loss of water was after Dave showered for church (before me). Thankfully, the pipes weren't broken when they thawed (a blessing).

Why is everything that happens to this house related to WATER?!

Lesson learned: I really like to shower in the morning...be GRATEFUL for water!

Let's see, what else can I rant about?! Hmmmm....

I'm hungry and there's no one cooking!

Oh that's right, I'm home now...time to go cook and end this rant...

Til next time!

No comments: