Thursday, December 31, 2009

Farewell 2009



Gosh! Are we really a decade out from when the world worried about Y2K? It seems like only yesterday!



I can't believe how quickly the days seem to be flying by! Is it me or has time sped up?



Ok, enough of that babble...



Yes, I know, I am WAY behind on this blog and the vacation blog. I do hope to rectify that problem come the new year. Since this blog really seems to be a journal for me, I really need to make the effort to get caught up.



The house is really coming along--Dave had been putting in doors and starting the trimwork, but when he heard that the son of a co-worker was a carpenter who specialized in trimwork (and he was going to be passing through on his way to Florida) he managed to "hire" him to finish the crown moulding over the kitchen cabinets; the baseboards; the closet door casings and installation; and window trim. Now all that is left is tocuhing up the paint on the walls; painting all the trim, moldings, casings, doors, baseboards (I already am tired thinking about it); and some odds and ends like caulking and sealing. The big stuff is DONE!!! Whoo hoo! The house really does look beautiful and I need to post pictures. BUT....the work is NOT over....now for the dike/berm.



Yes, we are building a dike and berm all the way around our house in hopes that we can keep the deep waters from damaging our home. We have got some serious dirt moving and tree-knocking down going on this week (Dave's company is shut down for the week after Christmas thru New Year's). I have yet to see the damage---or I mean---the progress in the daylight, but from what I have seen driving in at night, there are major changes going on right now! Dave has hired a man who is a whiz on a backhoe and between the two of them, the yard is being massively rearranged. I just keep reminding myself that this is in an effort to avoid flooding out our house again in another big storm. I'll have to get pictures posted on this event as well!



As for me, the only news I have to share is that I have found a new job in Thomasville that will allow me to end my 2-hour per day commute. I will work at my current hospital until the end of January and will begin my new job in February. I will be the Training & Education Specialist/Administrator for a hospital in town. The job will be much like the one I had at Overlake in Bellevue when we lived in Washington. I am very excited to be so much closer to home and excited to be in this position.



Well, I need to run, but I wanted to take a moment to bid farewell to 2009 and to wish everyone a safe New Year's Eve and a wonderful and healthy New Year in 2010!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Can't wait to see pictures! It sounds like everything is really coming together. We're really hoping to be able to see it this year.