Well, remember how I shared yesterday that our idiot neighbors were trying to stop our dike/berm project and how they were seeking legal action?! Apparently they called the Dept of Natural Resources and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and had them come out to investigate today. They told them we were excavating and diverting water (I still wonder, what water!? ) and putting their home at risk.
The investigator, who also happens to be the head guy in charge of the aforementioned agencies, came and told our guy to cease all work until the land was measured and investigated. James, the man hired to do all the excavation work, etc, asked who he was and requested I.D. He then ceased all work. The man looks around, calculates, measures and then tells James that he may resume---everything is in order, there is no violation, and no illegal activity (like DUH!). Once James explained what was being done the man apparently said something to the effect of "Yeah, that makes sense. I'd probably do it too". Now, remember I'm getting this conversation third hand, but the bottom line is our project is legal and A-OK! Hallelujah!
Don't mind me while I thumb my nose and offer a few raspberries to my neighbors! HA!HA!HA! It may be a third grader kind of reaction, but I don't mind.... :-) Niener, niener, niener!!!
Like I said before, only idiots don't bother to get the whole story. They jump to conclusions and assume the worst.
The Score so far: 2 for us, 0 for them.
We'll see how much farther they go with this and laugh---mmmmwaahahahahahahahahaha!
Ah, there is justice in this world!
2025 in Review and 2026 on the Horizon
8 months ago
2 comments:
Glad it all worked out!
Hey "sis"...
I knew you in 3rd grade, and you do that "Niener niener" thing a lot better now!
GOOD FOR YOU!
Thank goodness the officials were on the right side, and saw the sense in what you are doing.
Too bad the "water" has set up issues in your neighborhood, but I am thrilled that they let you resume your work!
Love ya!
Post a Comment