Thursday, March 26, 2009

Slow but Steady Progress

Slow and steady wins the race. At least that's what the old saying says. In our case, it is slow and steady, but I'm not sure if we are winning or not. OK, enough of that babble...

Dave and Derren have been working diligently to get the insulating and sheetrocking done. The game room and the kitchen are now done, and Derren has been working on the living room. The master, master bath, and main bath are the last to go. Then we'll begin the taping, mudding, priming, texturing, priming (yes, again), and painting process. Whew...I'm tired already.

With walls it's beginning to look like a house again!

The kitchen walls are ready to be prepped. Sadly, I need to still work on this stove. I'm not looking forward to cleaning it..... any volunteers?! Real walls! All in all, it is coming along. We are still hoping to move into it in June or July, but who knows. But besides the walls, we also need floors and doors. Geesh! The list never ends. My job here soon will be to find the cupboards to go back into the kitchen. Somehow, it's not nearly as fun this time.

As for the mortgage, we have signed papers that reflect that the money is to be applied to the balance of the mortgage and subsequently the lien is to be released to us! Since that was all faxed back on March 9th and today is the 26th and we have yet to learn anything....we are still waiting. Remember, I gave them until the 31st to resolve this before I throw my hissy fit. We'll see....but we aren't paying another mortgage payment because they have been holding this all up. Yup, call us rebellious....
Stay tuned!

On the drive out to the road, I found this bird nest on top of this tree

And this is the makeshift fence we had to put up at the entrance of our property to keep the looky-loos and thieves out. Did I tell you that several of the homes affected by the flood were broken into a few months ago?! Yup, let's add insult to injury.

So, Dave hauled the old fence from the pasture and set up this arrangement. The fences are padlocked. Now our property is at least protected from cars driving in. I'll be glad when our home can be "normal" again - whatever that means.

1 comment:

Jill said...

It's looking so good. That's horrible that people would stoop to that level!