As I have mentioned before, Dave and I both have hour long (slightly longer for Dave) commutes to get to our places of employment. Yes, we have whined plenty, particularly when gas prices rose to over $4.00/gallon. Plus, it's tough giving up 2 hours each day of your working life just to travel. But, in light of the tough economic times we are presently having, please know that we are so grateful to have our jobs and to have our commutes. While so many are without jobs, we are enormously blessed to have jobs---even if they are 50+ miles away in the opposite direction. When Dave and I are at work, we are TWO hours away from each other and in two different states!
A couple of evenings ago, as I travelled home from a very long day, I really took note of the beauty of my drive. Although most of my morning commute is in the dark, when daylight savings goes into effect in the spring, my journey home is often still light. This particular evening was especially beautiful. The clouds were thick and puffy, and the colors radiating from the setting sun were absolutely spectacular. Plus the drive through this rural area is pretty in itself--lots of trees, farm land, and open space. In the fall, when the cotton fields are nearing harvest time, it is especially pretty as the landscape is dotted with Georgia "snow". And, I can't forget the best part--it's not a trafficky drive at all. Once out of Valdosta or Thomasville, the drive is usually quite pleasant---a blessing in itself!
Some of these pictures are blurry ~ sorry ~ but please realize I was driving while I took them through my windshield! The pictures really do no justice--the colors of yellow, orange, pink, purple, and blue were just breathtaking against the beautiful green landscape!
2025 in Review and 2026 on the Horizon
8 months ago




1 comment:
I really can't imagine having to commute like that. Pretty pictures though!
Post a Comment