What can I say?! Same old same old....
Actually, not quite...
We had plans to work on the Swamp House (as Dave so lovingly calls it now), but changed courses...
We spent Saturday running errands and cleaning out Amy's garage of about 75% of our stuff that remains in there. It's truly hard to move things that are in drawers and garbage bags and the occasional box. Oh, and did I mention that most of the food in our pantry was put in our unused suitcases? Everything is such a surprise! :-) Actually the drawers to the hutch are ideal---if you can think of what was in them ~voila~ you can find it!
I challenge all of you to some "fun"---now this may sound like I am ungrateful--but truly, I am NOT ungrateful--I have tremendous gratitude for everything that has been salvaged and saved. It's just that I am trying to get some people to understand why we haven't been able to move in and get settled so quickly. I can't tell you how many people have asked "so, it's been a month--you should be all settled and back to 'normal'". I WISH!!!!!! I'm just so surprised that I haven't strangled someone for saying that to me....
Now, back to the original thought. Here is the challenge:
Have someone come to your house, place all of your items in your WHOLE house willy-nilly into garbage bags (no labeling, of course, that would spoil the "fun") and then have them take them to three different locations. Then pick some random thing---for example, your postage stamps from the desk drawer, or batteries from the "junk drawer"and find them---yeah, right! Or how about the electrical cords to the computers?! This is what it is like to live in our shoes right now! Everything is a mystery and a surprise...
Like the two plastic containers (large) holding saved winter clothing (sweaters, sweatshirts, jeans, corduroy pants, etc) that were hiding in the back (on the floor) of one of the bedroom closets....they were FILLED with foul water! We opened those two containers and about died!
We dumped the water out behind the garage in the grass and laid out the clothes to dry....the wind was blowing...Aarrgh! It was nauseating to say the least. We still haven't dumped the second one (we put the lid quickly back on)---we decided to "save" that torture for next time. So, either we have fertilized Amy's lawn or killed it!
The worst part of all this (believe it or not it wasn't those containers---at least for me): After all that darned dental work, I think I have an infected salivary gland. My whole jaw has ached from the point under my chin all the way up to my ear and it has been hard to swallow. 2-3 Ibuprofens every 6 hours round-the-clock have been my saving grace for the past 4 days.
Finally, Sunday, I couldn't take it---I died. Thank goodness for some leftover Vicodan. I'll be talking to the dentist on Monday (all you get is an answering machine after hours and on the weekend).
The blessings of the weekend:
We have our stuff---in mystery bags, boxes, and drawers.
Only about 25% of our stuff is still in Amy's garage.
All of our stuff at Danny's mom's house is now at the rental.
I got to use my washer and dryer this weekend---On Friday, Dave and our landlord, Mark, converted the tiny bedroom next to the bathroom into a laundry room. It's wonderful!! And, I LOVE my new machines!!!!!!
I haven't strangled anyone!
The cat-sized cockroaches at the rental have been the least of my problems! :-)
Thanks for the continued love and support! You have no idea how much that means....
2025 in Review and 2026 on the Horizon
8 months ago
3 comments:
First of all, I don't think that anyone would dream of calling YOU ungrateful! And I can't imagine trying to find anything in that. I'm dreading trying to find anything in our 200+ boxes that are nicely labeled and listed, and at least mostly organized. Ugh! I can't imagine none of that.
I hope your mouth is feeling better by the end of the day.
We love you!
Linda and Dave,
I just wanted to tell you that I love your new house, and I had fun with you yesterday. And that Chicken was GREAT! I need to put that as one of my new Wonderful Recipe Wednesday recipes on my blog.
I also wanted to tell you that you can go to LDS.org and on the front page it has a link to the Womens general conference and you can watch all the talks and the music. I clicked on the video streams media player, and that is how I now have the quote I tried to tell you yesterday. It is by Pres. Uchtdorf, he quoted Pres. Hinckley: "Work will cure your grief, serve others". And also Pres. Uchtdorf said, " Service and sacrifice open the windows of heaven allowing choice blessings to descend upon us".
Remember those this week, and know things are going to get better. I love you and am thankful to have you as friends oops my adopted family.
Amy ;)
Linda,
You are my hero. You are such an inspiration to me the way you can go through all you've been through and still keep your sense of humor. Please know that you guys are still in my prayers.
Love ya,
Ronnell
Post a Comment