Thursday, September 25, 2008

How Much More Must We Take?

Last night Dave went to set up the home computer--- the one that has all of our info....the one that he pays bills on....the one we so carefully make sure is backed-up regularly. When he turns it on...it displays an error message.

Bottom line: Crashed hard drive.

Bad News: With the craziness of the past month, our bill paying program and spreadsheet has not been backed-up on a floppy over the past couple of weeks.

More bad news: We have bills due.

Even more bad news: We have no idea where the program CDs are for the computer or the Money program.

Amazement: He didn't throw it out the window!

Please pray that we'll find those CDs....soon!!

Blessings:
We did find our dishes...
Our landlord is having a plumber come out to transform a small room into a laundry room/half bath...I may be able to use my new washer this weekend for the first time!
I haven't swallowed my second temporary bridge....yet.
I gave everyone at my dentist's office a hardy laugh/guffaw at my expense--the dentist came into the room shaking his head--he said that in 43 years he'd never heard of someone swallowing a bridge! (I guess I needed the attention)
It will get better, it will get better, it will get better.....

....soon, we hope!

3 comments:

Jill said...

My word!!! Our crashed hard drive was enough for me to handle, all by itself. I finally just got everything on the money program caught up. I was going nuts not knowing EXACTLY where our finances were! Unfortunately I hadn't backed up for 3 months. At least you guys have been good about that. Still not fun though. Hope you can find the cds you need...soon!

Amy Kay said...

I will be praying you find the cds. Could they be in my garage, do you need me to go look for them? I have lost pictures before on a crashed hard drive and that scares me. It will get better and the weekend is almost here. Let me know what I can do. Love you guys, Amy

Jenn said...

I am finally getting on the compter this week and am amazed at all of the posts I've misssed, and all of the trials you are STILL experiencing! I am so sorry about the dentist, computer, etc. You both remain in my prayers, and I am hoping that your life will be back to boring soon!