Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Random Thoughts

It's Wednesday - "Hump" Day!

My mouth is finally beginning to quit hurting! Hooray!

I went back to the dentist on Monday. The dentist and his staff just shook their heads and giggled under their breath "Her again?! What now?!".

The verdict: Not an infected salivary gland (the good news). Instead, large "mouth" (aka canker) sores lining my mouth, under my tongue, and down the old throat (too much info, I know). Apparently, the four shots that it took to numb my mouth for the tooth grinding transformed into cankers and mix that with stress and ~voila~ you have sores every where. The dentist hadn't seen sores as large as mine, so all of his assistants were given the opportunity to see them (ooooh, ahhhhh). All of them (including the dentist) all remarked, "ooooh, those must really hurt"---ya think?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Treatment: Salt water, hydrogen peroxide, and Chloraseptic spray - plus Ibuprofen as needed.

Thankfully, it's beginning to work.

Now on to the next thing(s).....

I am trying to get a leave of absence from school. Please pray that it is approved. I just can't juggle it with everything else right now.

As for our computer---dead! Danny tried to recover our C-drive to no avail. I'm not sure what was on it (ignorance is bliss), but it is all gone. Hope there was nothing important.

So, Dave is going to go buy a new hard drive. Fun. Thankfully, Danny is rebuilding the unit so we actually have something to rebuild. I am pretty sure that Dave would have flung the thing out the nearest window if he had had the opportunity.

Then there was the conversation with our lawyer---some not-so-good news about our mortgage, this loss, and the insurance monies. Now we really are in a quandry. Please pray that we can get it resolved as painfree as possible. It's truly disappointing to "discover" terms of your deed during times of trial--especially when they protect the mortgage company and not the owner, particularly those who pay their mortgage bill without fail.

Then of course--add the historic loss of the Dow on Wall Street and what do we get?! Retirement will probably not happen until we are 90! Our investments (and everyone elses) have gone dramatically south in the past few months---well, Monday, we're wondering if there will be anything left. Ho Hummm.....

My heart aches for this country.

Isn't life fun?!

On a brighter note: The demolition derby is coming up again either this weekend or next! Hooray!!!!! You can bet we'll be there! The distraction will be good.

But, we are blessed. We have wonderful people in our lives! Thanks for the continued prayers and support. Each of you are appreciated!

5 comments:

Amy Kay said...

I'm sorry you have Wednesday woes. I had to decorate for Halloween today to have some brightness in my day. I just want to crawl back in bed today, until tonight...I get to sing in a choir tonight. YEAH!!
I'm glad your mouth is starting to feel better, I seriously could feel your pain on Sunday when I was there, remember my teeth have probs too.

We went to the Demolition Derby last year, and had a blast. We'll have to see if we can go again. Chandler & Hayden had the most fun, since they love cars so much

Love you guys, Amy ;)

Will and Lorri said...

I wish I could be there to give you hug. We think of you all the time. We just want you to know that we love you. Love Will & Lorri

Jill said...

I'm glad your mouth is feeling better.
Yeah, the econimy is a little scary right now. And I look at us BUYING A HOUSE in the midst of it. Are we crazy? I'm just glad that someone bought Washington Mutual. I wasn't looking forward to the thought of trying to get our money through the FDIC. I breathed a sigh of relief on that one!

Nana and Papa said...

Linda, you continue to amaze me.
Humor is really the best medicine.
I miss you and Dave and the laughter you bring.(even thru
the trials)You are in our prayers
daily. We love you very much. Our
basement is available after the
end of the month :)Please know
that we care...and are always
available...Cheri (and Dennis, too)

Stef said...

no mom demolition derby isn't on a weekend it's tuesday and thursday night. remember remember!