Sunday, March 14, 2010

So, You've Been Wondering Where We've Been?

Yes, I know, it's been almost two months. Yes, I know I have a lot to post (well, maybe not a lot, but some). Am I going to do it today? Nope, sorry. Yes, I'm procrastinating, but I just don't feel like it. No pictures, but I will give you another rant~

It's been a crazy couple of months.

We've been trying to get a small loan to cover the berm work (we've run out of money and still have an outstanding balance for the work ~yikes!), but our former mortgage company has once again reared its ugly head.

They have never closed out our account and reported it closed to the credit bureaus. We have marvelous credit and WE CAN'T GET A LOAN because we are a "RISK" although our balance is ZERO and all payments are recorded as up-to-date!

So, you think, no problem--just contact the mortgage company. We did--they show it recorded, but the note was sold or transfered to Freddie Mac and they have no account number for us. Since the transfer took place AFTER we received notice that our mortgage was paid, no one can provide an account number. They also put in the remarks that the mortgage was FORGIVEN ---it WAS NOT forgiven, it was PAID-IN-FULL! We paid every last RED CENT!!

There is no one to call. There is no one to write. Because they can't find an account number for the transfer (it's because the loan was paid and there was no account to transfer, but no one can help us). We have the credit bureaus looking into this--but it can take 45 days for them to complete an investigation and all they can find out is what is written above---paid out, balance zero, transfered and open. If it's open, why can't we get money??? We have spent HOURS on the phone, researching, and studying our options--still we can get no resolution.

All, I can say is since this mess started with Countrywide Home Loans that was bought out by Bank of America which has been a NIGHTMARE to deal with---if you have ANY accounts with Bank of America---run, don't walk to your local BOA office and CANCEL all of your accounts. They are a huge conglomerate that is run by CROOKS!

Any one know of anyone we could contact to help us?? We are getting desperate to get this resolved. Once again the trauma of the whole mortgage resolution after the flood is causing us pain and frustration.

So, that's our life....

But I will blog on the happier things in our life...but not today.

Later~


And, I thought our idiot neighbors were a pain...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

So sorry that you are still dealing with all this drama eighteen months later! (And I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who has slacked on blogging lately!) We'll be watching for your return... :)