It has been a wild couple of weeks (plus I just haven't felt like updating this blog). That Denver post took me forever and I didn't want to spend forever on a post again. So, please forgive us.
I am trying a new software Windows Live Writer that Stefanie recommended. It's supposed to make posting easier. We'll see. I haven't figured out all the features yet, so just bear with me.
Here's the latest:
Ethan working on sanding...he thought it was fun---too bad that enthusiasm won't last long
The house after new sheetrocking, taping, mudding, and sanding---awaiting the next step: priming
After: Dave spent five hours priming the whole house
This is Dave after priming the house...and himself...he wore a mask, but looks like he needed more than just a mask.
Well, over the past couple of weeks we have had more than our fair share of fun. First, our garden tractor finally gave up the ghost. I guess it was entitled after being under water for 5 days last August. Derren and Dave managed to get it to work for the past 8 months so we really did get more out of it than we should have. After repeated attempts to revive it, we finally decided it was time to face the inevitable and set out to buy another. We searched for something that would do what we needed and be reasonably priced....thankfully this black baby was on sale. It has a 54 inch deck too, so mowing is going to be a little more efficient! When we brought it home, we all had to check it out and it seemed to do well.
Then, Ethan decided he needed to check it out
Of course, Stefanie had to try it out too---in action
Then Papa had to take Ethan for a ride. He was a little afraid at first, but ended up enjoying the adventure.
5 comments:
Looks like we have twinner homes(though ours is not sheetrock,just painting over 80's maybe 90's paint). One thing I have learned in all of this is that you renovate to live in. I may have cursed us with that. This is a good chance to make it yours. Dave you should see my paint clothes. Lots of love from Utah
They say "there's no rest for the wicked"...what did you do?
What a project. I can't think of anyone better to tackle it than handy man dave. who by the way looks good with white hair. almost angelic!?!
Miss you guys. good luck!
You guys have been busy. It's really coming along. And I don't blame you for not posting. I've been dreading posting since ALL of my posts from your visit. I think Hawaii is going to be awhile. I STILL haven't even gone through my pictures. Oh my!
this is Ryan.... not jill.... house looks great, you guys are coming a long way. but dad really doesnt have to lie about those grey hairs we all know its really not from the paint. hope you guys get some free time once in a while... I know that Im enjoying mine... :)
I can't wait to see your house and your sweet faces...I hope to make a trip out there with Jill...and maybe the rest of the family! I vote you stay in your beautiful home...The property is breath taking... I miss all of you so much! I'm still trying to adjust to Arizona...Dennis loves it...please pray that I will too :)
Post a Comment