On Thursday, February 19th in the early morning hours we were hit with a violent storm. Hail, thunder, lightning, and wind howled through the night. At about 1:45am, while we were nestled warmly in our bed, 3 tornados ripped through Thomas County and devastated parts of Thomasville --about 5 miles from our rental home--we didn't even know that there had been a tornado watch and warning! We count our blessings that we were safe. Unfortunately for several families, they weren't as lucky. Thankfully, there were no deaths, but there were some injuries and lots and lots of damage. Here are some pictures I took the afternoon after (my pics are the darker ones) and some pictures from friends who saw the damage earlier in the day. As I drove through this devastated neighborhood, my heart ached and the tears came. I could relate to the saddness from losing your home









No comments:
Post a Comment