It's been a very busy couple of weeks, so sorry, for the lack of a real update. I have lots of pictures to post, but that will be probably later this week--so stay tuned.
Not much on the homefront. Dave and I finally tackled the barn. It was an unbelieveable mess and sadly there were many, many casualties. Some forgotten treasures were lost. Ah well, it's only stuff.
Dave and one of our friends from church have been busy trying to get the lawn mower, garden tractor, pressure washer, weedwhacker, and chainsaw to work. Most of them are now running albeit they are running very rough---they definitely have new quirks. But! They are running. Dave mowed the lawn and that has really helped lift both of our spirits---the yard had been looking pretty bad.
Sunday evening we took the dogs over to the house so they could run and play in the yard. The late afternoon weather was perfect, cool and no humidity. We enjoyed once again, the property we fell in love with four years ago. We are still afraid of future flooding, but it's hard to be away from this beautiful land. Dave and I talked extensively about options, although we have made no decisions yet on what we are going to do. The insurance monies finally came through and have been sent to the mortgage company (they were on the check too, and they have a final say on what we will be doing--sad, but true). We're now waiting to hear back on their decision.
We are finally feeling some peace. Our inventory list is almost done, and we are feeling more settled in our rental. There is still TONS of work to be done, but we are feeling a little less pulled by the initial urgency of everything. We are truly blessed!
Need to get to work! Stay tuned for upcoming pictures!!
2025 in Review and 2026 on the Horizon
8 months ago
5 comments:
I'm so glad that you guys are getting settled in. I hope things continue to go your way. We love you! Keep us in your prayers this week. I'm stressed to my limit. Too many things to figure out and do. I'm looking forward to getting out of here for a week! ;) I'll feel better after tomorrow.
Ahh...there you are. I was getting worried!! Glad things are settling down. You sound like you are in good spirits!! I love you guys!
Ahh...there you are. I was getting worried!! Glad things are settling down. You sound like you are in good spirits!! I love you guys!
Ahh...there you are. I was getting worried!! Glad things are settling down. You sound like you are in good spirits!! I love you guys!
I am glad you are getting all settled too, and I like your rental it's a neat place. I pray everyday for good things to happen to you. Remember to let me know if I can help in any way. I hope to see you at the halloween hoedown this weekend.
Hugs, Amy ;)
Post a Comment