Yep, I think I now have a cold...great... I just took two Benadryl tabs so hopefully I'll be able to complete this post before falling asleep. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....oh....oops.
Dave spent the day at the house cleaning up his aquarium and moving out furniture.
We got the estimate from the cleaning folks---can we say "OUTRAGEOUS"!? So, it looks as if we may be doing a good bit of it ourselves. Dave's planning a "gutting" party for Saturday.
Quite frankly, we are both extremely overwhelmed. Not sure what we're going to do. I think we are just so tired that we can't make any real decisions right now. Sure wish we had a brain between the two of us to figure this all out. We are beside ourselves in confusion.
Our neighbor has learned that it is the plantation behind us that is responsible for the overflow of water. Not sure what can be done about it. The county is still not offering any help and we still don't qualify for FEMA assistance because there aren't 100 families affected around here. We're all pretty bummed.
We need to work, but trying to get this all worked out is challenging and requires time for us to get things done. The blessing: Dave's work gave him Wednesday, today, and tomorrow off.
We really do recognize we are blessed, but now we are feeling the real affects of this emotional roller coaster. And, we're just plain tuckered out. I bet I could sleep 12 hrs straight if I were given the chance.
Tomorrow Dave will work at the house and I'll head in to work (I'm pretty much out of PTO now).
Well, that's about it. Again, thanks for the supportive comments. We really need them now.
Despite all that is happening, we know we are blessed. This too shall pass...
Good night!
2025 in Review and 2026 on the Horizon
8 months ago
3 comments:
Wow.....We had no idea you were flodded AGAIN. Bet wish you were back in the rainy NW... Our prayers are with you.
Linda,
Our thoughts and prayers are still with you. Trav and I both have bad colds as well, and the fevers are starting to kick in, too. Hopefully yours will get better soon. What time will Dave be at the house on Saturday? If we are feeling any better, we'd be happy to come and help out in any way we can. I have a little something for you, but with conference this weekend, I don't know when I'll see you to give it to you--maybe I'll just drop by Stef's sometime--if we're both sick, I won't have to worry about spreading my germs! :)
We love you guys!
Linda and Dave,
I am sorry that you are going to have to do most of the work yourselves. I am willing to help as much as I can. Please let me if I can. I pray for you everyday. I am planning to go to conference Sat. (I got a babysitter) and Sun., but am willing to help as much as I can. Please let me know what I can do, if you want to come to my house to sleep while I go clean out your house that is fine too. :) I know you won't but it's a thought...so think about it! I'll talk to you soon. Love you both, Amy
Post a Comment