Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to Work Wednesday

Today I went back to work. It was a nice diversion, and it felt good to have some semblance of normalcy in our currently chaotic life.

Meanwhile, Dave headed out to the house and did some clean-up in the closets and the pantry. He then worked on the well and got the pump running. We still need to go through chlorinating it, but so far it is running clear water. Yay! Chalk that one up as a blessing for the day.

Later in the evening with the help of a couple of our cherished church family members, Dave managed to get the pool table torn apart and out, the piano out, and the new table out. Unfortunately the water damage was so bad to the base of the table that it literally disintegrated. So much for quality workmanship!

More good news--some of the floors are drying nicely. Another blessing. However, there are some rooms that are still quite damp. The barn also still has some nasty water in it. Yech!

But, all in all, Dave feels he has made some headway on the recovery.

He also met earlier in the day with the cleaning company. I guess they will have a detailed and itemized estimate ready for us sometime tomorrow morning. It apparently is going to be an estimated 50+ page estimate. If we accept it, they can start right away!

Now, we just hope Hurricanes Hanna, Ike, and Josephine will steer clear.

Again, we have been the recipients of incredible service. I can't thank everyone enough!

Well, tomorrow it is back to work for me and back to the house for Dave---he needs to clean out the stagnant water of his 125 gallon fish tank. I'm glad I'll be at work for that one.

Thanks again for the nice comments and messages. We appreciate the words of support--they really help sustain us through the not-so-good moments.

I still need to download and post more pictures, but my body wants to go to bed.

Good Night!!

1 comment:

Will and Lorri said...

We check everyday and just want things to go well for you. I hope you feel our love. Till tommorrow may it get easier everyday.