Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A New Turtle for Our Pond...Another Adventure with Ethan

Stefanie and Ethan brought us a new friend for our pond. This turtle was found INSIDE their dog run area--how he got there is a mystery to all of us. Anyway, Ethan and Stefanie brought him to our house and let him loose in our pond. To give you some perspective, this turtle is probably about 10 inches long and 8 inches wide. He made is journey in this box Pepper checking this creature out.

It seems all the pictures we got had his head inside the shell. But this was not a shy turtle, he kept opening his mouth for us! Riley wanted to check this turtle out too!
Stefanie and Ethan letting him loose in the pond
Sorry, lousy picture...but as soon as the turtle hit the water, he was GONE!
Can you see all our little tiny fish in our pond? We suspect they are Bream. Just double click to enlarge the picture.
Trying to see if we could see that turtle---he took off and was under the water--probably feasting on all those delicious fish...

Then we wandered over to see the chickens. If you enlarge this picture you can see Coco licking her chops! One of her favorite pasttimes is to chase the chickens! She and Riley just love to harrass them from the other side of the fence!

Ethan was telling us what colors the chickens were! He's really starting to talk a lot more!
Another fun adventure with Ethan on the farm! Life is good!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love the picture of Coco invisioning a chicken sandwhich! What a huge turtle! You could ride that sucker! Do they bite? How about sticking your finger inside to see:) That could be a whole other blog!

Lindsey said...

Ohh and you want a secret do you.....

Lindsey said...

This summer I am moving to Seattle for an internship, and I just decided two nights ago that I needed to fly out there for an interview or two....shhh it's a secret! Ok not really, but I love to get a rise out of little miss holly!

Jill said...

What fun! Caitlin would have LOVED to be a part of that!

Stef said...

you got alot more pictures than me but my turtle swimming away picture wasn't blurry at least!

Jenn said...

I wonder how that turtle got there! I can;t believe all the chilckens you have! You are a good blogger...I am still trying to get the hang of it all, but I am trying! Good to hear from you! I'm adding youto my "list" of blogs to check! :)
Jenn Mitchell