Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tagged! I'm It!

I have been tagged by Lindsey --- you poor people! I guess I need to share 6 Little-Known-Facts-About-Linda! Hang on to your seats!

1. Closet Dream Career: I love anything Hollywood! I am a closet Hollywood junkie. Since forever, I have wanted to be a casting director. When I watch movies, I look at the casting--do the actors have chemistry? Are they the best choice for the role? Most of the time I think the casting directors are right on, but sometimes I think they blow it! For example, have you seen the movie "Contact" with Jodie Foster and Matthew McConaughy? BAD CASTING!!! Jodie Foster was perfect for her role, but there was NO chemistry between her and Matthew. His lackluster acting was pitiful too. He's been fine in other movies, but this role was wrong, wrong, wrong. And Rob Lowe was a bad choice in that movie too! Anyone know Spielberg?

2. TV Celebrity: When I was in kindergarten I got to be on the "Romper Room Show" in Oakland, California. For one week I got to be one of Miss Sally's (I think that was her name, I can't remember anymore) kids that sang, danced, and played. Unfortunately, I remember two things vividly: my mom had cut my hair too short (it was known as pixie style then) and I didn't like it AND I had a bad cold that week. I carried kleenix in little red coin wallet so I could wipe my ever-dripping nose. Ah...the life of a star....

3. Food Issues: OK, it seems we all have food issues of some sort. Well, I am a texture girl! If the texture is wrong, I probably won't eat it! For example, I HATE lima beans and water chestnuts --not because of their flavor, but because of their texture. I expect things like mashed potatoes and cheesecake to be smooth and creamy. No lumps, no bumps, no grit. And speaking of cheesecake--I am a purest. No toppings! Just original NY style smooth cheesecake--naked. And chocolate---it has to be smooth and creamy (although I'll eat just about any chocolate in a pinch since I am diehard chocoholic). Unfortunately I don't have as many food issues as I should---I haven't met a carbohydrate I didn't love--fresh bread, sweets...ahh!!!! And, ice cream?! Once in a blue moon, but generally, no thanks, it'll crystallize in the freezer before I eat it! I used to get teased as a child because I never wanted ice cream at birthday parties---just bring on the cake...and the cookies....

4. Prankster: I pulled and got away with the only prank I ever pulled in High School! Since I am an avid animal lover (where do you think Stefanie got it?) I cared for all the critters in the biology lab---frogs, mice, snakes, fish, guinea pigs, etc. Well, I attended a school where they always took roll. Every classroom had an index card box filled with the roll cards. Well, I knew our Psychology teacher was scared to death of mice, so I decided to have some fun. I took one of the mice out of the biology lab and put it in her roll box. When she opened that box, her screams could have been heard a mile away! She ran out of the classroom and down the hall! The nuns (this was a parochial H.S. run by the Catholic diocese in Oakland, CA) came flying in the classroom from all over! Then there was the demand, "who did this?". Well, I was a momentary hero, so no one squealed and I never confessed. But, I did offer to put the rodent back...

5. Haunted House: Yes, this may be Halloween folks, but I have lived in a real haunted house. Our house in Redmond, WA was haunted with a poltergeist. We were never afraid, just amazed and amused. Our kitchen drawers and cupboard doors would all be wide open every once in a while; you could hear running back and forth in the hall upstairs (and our kids would be sound asleep in their beds everytime); the door between the garage and family room would open and slam shut (it was on a heavy spring that would automatically close it so that it could never be left open)---this was a regular activity; and there would be times you would hit a literal cold spot in the house. It would be freezing, but only in a specific area here and there, it was never consistent! When I finally told a neighbor, she shared with me that "something or someone" had rearranged all of her kid's toys in their family room and pushed them all to one side up against the sliding glass door! We later learned that there had once been an old monastary on the hill where our house and neighborhood sat! Yes, it's true...Happy Halloween! BOOOOO!

6. Cars, 18-Wheelers, Cranes, & Bulldozers, Etc: I love cars. I love driving them (fast, is my favorite mode), I love looking at them, and I love reading about them (I have my own subscription to Car & Driver). I can pretty much identify any car on the road. However, I'm not all that interested in the mechanics of them. I also would love to drive an 18-wheeler semi, crane, bulldozer, back hoe, tractor--if it is heavy equipment and can be driven---I'm your woman! Pitiful, I know! And...I'd love to learn how to fly an airplane...

So, there you have it! Now, to tag some others-- since I have such a small circle of blogging friends I am tagging: JILL and LORI! You're both it!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Fantastic!!! I had no idea about some of those things! What about your pure hate towards good old fashion rootbeer;) I love the mouse story, I would have killed you, but totally funny!! And the whole haunted house thing....that is awesome! I never knew, prob. a good thing:) I agree with you on the texture thing!! Great work! I learned so much!

Lindsey said...

oh and still to this day, I will not eat mayo....thanks stef!

Stef said...

I actually knew most thoes and I remember weird things at the Redmond house! But now I think I'd be spooked! even though your odd we love you anyhoo! :)

Rick Johnson Family said...

Uh, thanks for giving me the heebie geebies with the haunted house story. It's just a story, right?

Can you sleep over when Rick's out of town? You live to far away? No problem, IF I get scared, I'll call and talk to you all night long.

Rick Johnson Family said...

Actually, not IF, WHEN!