June found us out picking blueberries in Southern Georgia. The sun was bright and hot. Here are Dave and Stefanie picking.
Here is Dave and my blueberry haul. We brought them home, saved some for eating and froze about 8 quarts to enjoy through out the year. Yum!
Later that evening, we got together and had dinner. Emily was being cute!
In July, our church celebrated Pioneer Days with a day of "Silly Olympics". Ethan won an event where he dropped clothes pins into a jar. He was also a big helper to Sister Mitchell who was passing out ribbons to all the winners. The games were for the young and old. :)
Here is Dave and my blueberry haul. We brought them home, saved some for eating and froze about 8 quarts to enjoy through out the year. Yum!
Later that evening, we got together and had dinner. Emily was being cute!
In July, our church celebrated Pioneer Days with a day of "Silly Olympics". Ethan won an event where he dropped clothes pins into a jar. He was also a big helper to Sister Mitchell who was passing out ribbons to all the winners. The games were for the young and old. :)
Danny, Stefanie, Ethan and Emily enjoying the festivities!
Ethan helping Sister Mitchell. He had a pretty important job to help hand out ribbons to event winners.
Getting ready for an event!
Even Stefanie participated!
Another event using rolled-up socks!
Video of the event Ethan won:
Stefanie tried at one event as well--she wasn't as successful! They are dropping beans into cups. Actually, Katie (on the far left) and her fiance Grant next to her are the real entertainment! I captured this event and didn't even notice them when I was videoing! I had a good laugh when I got home and saw it!
1 comment:
Boy do I miss the berries. We enjoyed picking blueberries out at my grandparents, when we went to Oregon last month. I actually picked some blackberries, froze them and threw them in the suitcase. We MISS our berries!
Post a Comment