Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Holy Land ~ Orlando, Florida

The first weekend in August we headed down to Orlando to attend the temple with Matt Clanton and his parents. Matt will be serving a mission in Santiago, Chile for our church. The next day we thought we'd visit the theme park, "The Holy Land". It's a small park with no rides, just shows and exhibits. We actually found it quite nice. The day was extremely hot and muggy and while we waited to go through the museum of antique Bibles from all over the world (and dating back to the late 1700s) it thundered and poured! Thankfully, we were in the covered area because most of the park is uncovered and so many people got soaked in the pouring rain. Timing was everything!

We attended several shows. The shows are all live stories from the Bible. The actors and the costumes are fabulous, and there was lots of music and singing as well. It was great! The shows were wonderful and the stories were touching.

Here is the only picture I got of Dave, but he's got his eyes closed. The sun was shining far too brightly!
Looking across the lake
Outside one of the exhibit areas
The main show was the entire story of the crucifixion and ressurection of Christ. The presentation was phenomenal and the effects were amazing. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't real cooperative.

This was a humbling presentation
And, after the third day...the show was beautifully presented.
Inside one of the buildings was this beautiful relief exhibit of ancient Jerusalem.
We weren't sure what we were going to see when we got there, but we really enjoyed our day. I have been told that the presentations and shows change throughout the year. We'll have to go back sometime as it was a really nice experience!

1 comment:

Jill said...

So good to see all your new posts. You guys have been busy. I've got to get back to my catch up. Blogger was giving me issues, so I quit! I suppose I need to get back to it.