David Whiteford Browne
April 2, 1937 - February 8, 2009
Today we received the sad news that Dave's dad passed away shortly after noon PST. Although we are saddened by his passing and absence, we are happy that he is out of pain. The last few years have been challenging for him. But, now we're sure he's enjoying a sweet reunion with family who have passed before him. We are so thankful that we have the Gospel of Jesus Christ to comfort and bring us peace, and the knowledge that we will all be together again after this life.
Please keep Dave's mom and the family in your prayers.
The following pictures are from the family reunion in June of 2006. We were celebrating Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary. This is how we are choosing to remember Dad.
Mom and Dad
Trying to get everyone to cooperate at first was a challenge. While trying to get this picture Dad was wriggling is ears at me! He was a pro at that and it always made us smile! :-)4 generations: Caleb, Ryan, Dave, and Dad--he liked to remind us that he was the GREAT Grandpa. :-)
Finally a good one (there were about 8 other pictures before this one)
And, again he was wriggling his ears at me!
Dad and Ethan
At the family picnic--Dad was giving me a raspberry for yet again trying to get a picture! :-)
Dad, we will miss you. Thanks for being an important part of our lives!
Finally a good one (there were about 8 other pictures before this one)
And, again he was wriggling his ears at me!
Dad and Ethan
At the family picnic--Dad was giving me a raspberry for yet again trying to get a picture! :-)
Dad, we will miss you. Thanks for being an important part of our lives!
6 comments:
What a great guy! We will miss him dearly.
I am so sorry to hear about Grandpa Browne. I love you guys! Give Dave a hug for me!
Beautiful photos. I'm glad you have such wonderful recent memories of him.
I'm so sorry to hear this news Linda, what a great guy he sounds like. Your family will most definitely be in my prayers.
You are all in my prayers! I feel blessed to have met Dave's dad, Ryan's grandfather, and Caitlin and Calebs "Great" grandfather. He always seemed to have a smile and a sense of humor that always brought a smile to my face. Please know that I care and love you all dearly. I wish that I could be there to give you a big hug and kiss. I love the pictures, and that is the face I will always remember. I love you, Cheri
hey there!
Post a Comment