Monday, September 22, 2008

Fact is Stranger than Fiction - A Reality Check

Sunday evening, I was sad to learn that my best friend from high school was dealing with the passing of her husband of 28 years. He passed away on September 14th. My heart just broke when I heard the news. Please keep her and her three kids in your prayers. They desperately need them.

Unfortunately, for her the loss runs even deeper. She has since learned that her husband had been leading a very different life than what he was portraying. She was suspecting something was not right for the past year, but she didn't know what. Sadly, he has left her and the kids financially devastated. It must have all caught up, as he took his own life shortly before she and their youngest daughter got home from a weekend trip.

I was speechless from the news...Shocked is not even an adequate word.

My heart aches.

My losses are nothing.

Humbling indeed.

Please help me pray for her and her kids!!

M., I love you and know that I am here for you!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, my friend!

2 comments:

Jill said...

That is so very sad. I can't even imagine what she must be going through.

Stef said...

I definatly have her in my thoughts and prayers, i wish there was more to do to help her!