Stefanie has been going to play Bingo with Danny's grandparents for quite awhile now, and she finally convinced me to go last night and join in the fun!! I had played Bingo on a cruise ship and as a kid, but I had never really experienced REAL Bingo. Let's put it this way--people are SERIOUS!!! They have bags for all their "equipment"=dabbers (to spot out your numbers), markers, tape, and good-luck charms (and probably other things---remember I am a novice). Also, when Stefanie mentioned leaving early to have enough time to get "ready", I wasn't sure what she meant---but now I do! There is a way to prep all of your cards before it all starts! We finished just moments before it all started and we got there over 30 minutes early!
Danny's grandparents saved us a spot in their corner and told me that people have "their" spots at certain tables. I guess folks can get "territorial" to newbies who don't know otherwise. And since, I'm territorial about my church seat in Sacrament meeting, I have a respect for this---believe it or not! Pitiful, but true!
Danny's grandparents, Duke and Marianne, play every Monday and Friday night. They can "fly" through their cards when the number is called. Everyone had to help me--because my 3 book pages (9 Bingo boards on each page) made my head swirl sometimes! I got better at "scanning", but I definitely would miss things!
Stef goes about 1-2 times a month. Last time she won $50 that paid for her "books" of cards (that one was a new one for me) and paid for her game this time around. But, did she ever tell you that she won the $800 (yes, eight-hundred dollars!) jackpot, black-out round a couple of years ago? She bought her stove with that money.
Well, it must have been beginners luck! I won $71 on the double-Bingo round! It was fun--I paid for my fun and after the festivities went down to Wal-mart and bought the canner I wanted with the rest! I think I could get into this Bingo stuff (once-in-awhile)! Hopefully, this is not considered gambling....hmmm.............
But most of all, it was just plain fun spending some time with my daughter! BINGO!!!!
2025 in Review and 2026 on the Horizon
8 months ago
4 comments:
What fun! I'm glad you girls got to enjoy time together, even playing bingo. I had no idea bingo could be so hard core!
Looks like fun! I saw Stef this morning and told her to let me know the next time she goes. I've only played once on a cruise ship, but it was loads of fun!
Congrats on your win! :)
it was fun but next time you only get 2 books max! I felt like I had 4 books while trying to help you and the caller was calling extra fast that night too. It was fun and madness all at the same time. Jenn I'll definatly call you or if you have a monday or friday free and decide that day give me a call I'd be willing to go, I'd let ya twist my arm! :)
SHE WON WHAT?? yes, she failed to mention that she won the jack pot! How fun!! I must find out about more of this bingo busniess....
And, NO...this is not considered gambling in my eyes. But then again...neither are the slot machines in vegas:) Just kidding...kinda
Post a Comment