Tuesday, October 2, 2007

When Gaining Weight is a Good Thing...a Puppy Update aka Double Trouble!

Today the pups had their last puppy shot visit at the vet. Since I took them 8 weeks ago for their first visit they have both DOUBLED their weight. Riley now weighs 9.2 lbs and Coco weighs 5.5 lbs! I guess no one can accuse us of starving them! From 3 weeks ago, Riley has gained 1.5lbs and and Coco almost a pound. The babies are getting big! It seems Riley's nose has grown too! Their next visit to the vet is scheduled for December 4th when each of them will have "that" gender-related unmentionable surgery.

GUILTY! Not only has their weight doubled... so has the trouble they get in. The pups had been doing so well with their housebreaking I brought back out the kitchen rugs (I had put them away to protect them from accidents) so that they would have something softer to lay on than the tile. Guess what I found one morning???? I guess it was a little premature of me to bring them back out. I was worried about piddles and poop piles, but I never thought of teeth...needless to say the other untouched rug is back in the closet!

2 comments:

Stef said...

big moose and little mouse. I still can't believe he's over 9 lbs! even though we saw them last night!

Lindsey said...

My favorite picture is the one of Coco on the table....it reminds me of the stance that BAMBI takes on the ice....I am still laughing!! Congrats to the puppies on gaining weight...I wish someone would do a blog on me when I have gained a couple of pounds:)